* What is the purpose of this event?
- Just for fun? You'll need an enthusiastic speaker with a sense of humor.
- Spiritual renewal weekend? You'll need theologically sound teaching balanced with personal stories, humor, and a listening pray-er.
- Ladies Night Out? Find a speaker who can match an encouraging Scriptural challenge to the interesting hobby/craft everyone will learn that night. Or, invite a speaker who can do both: teach a useful skill and provide spiritual wealth.
* What part of the program will be given to the speaker?
- One 20 minute section?
- Several 60 minutes sections?
* How much money can you afford to pay a speaker?
- Do you have a handsome budget?
- Could you charge for tickets with $1-3/ticket going to the speaker?
- Do you have generous givers who would respond to a love offering?
* How much of the program's success rests on the speaker?
- Does she need to be well known? Will people come if they don't recognize her name? Note: Well-known speakers are pricey and must be booked 1-3 years in advance.
- Could you select a seasoned speaker that is less well-known and be fine?
- If you invite a less-experienced speaker, but one that has a heart to speak and a story to share, could other aspects of the program make up for the lack of name recognition?
* Does her style and statement of faith match your group?
According to Answers.com, there are 57 different types of Baptist denominations alone-and that's just in the United States! When you consider all the other unique denominations, you begin to grasp the delicacy required in both finding the right speaker and being the right speaker. The key factors are:
1. Her statement of faith should match yours.
2. Her motivational gifts should match your needs.
3. It should be her practice to avoid triggering denominational hot buttons.
Once you nail down your needs and review your requirements, the next step is to actually find a speaker.
The #1 way to find a speaker is by word-of-mouth. However, when that pool runs dry, there are several speaker's directories for your convenience, the largest being the Christian Womens Speakers Directory online. As the webhostess of this amazing ministry, I work with hundreds of Christian Women Speakers who are available and eager to speak at women's events.
The Christian Women's Speakers Directory includes contact information for hundreds of Christian Women Speakers from every state, denomination and experience level. Most of these women are available for Weekend Retreats, Mother-Daughter Events, for MOPS, Aglow or Stonecroft meetings, and many are even available to small churches with very small speaker's budgets.
At the Christian Women's Speakers Directory, you will find a speaker, in your fee range, for your next event! You can search using a U.S. map, a site-specific search engine for topic words, denominations, and more, or by browsing the Gallery of Speakers featuring over 200 qualified speakers.
A speaker can literally make or break your event. It is imperative that you 1) know what you want and need, 2) find a speaker who fits that description and then, 3) communicate often so there are no surprises at the last minute.