10 Minute French Silk Pie
Ingredients Single Pie 4 Pies
Semi-sweet chocolate chips 6 ounces 2-12 ounce bags
Butter, room temperature 6 Tablespoons 3 sticks butter
(or microwave from cold, 5 seconds)
Sugar 2/3 cup 2-2/3 cup
Eggs 3 One dozen
Regular or Oreo pie crust, 1 4
ready to fill
Whipped topping 6 ounces 24 ounces
1. Melt the chocolate chips in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat.
2. Spread into glass pan; set aside to cool.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar.
4. Beat on med-high speed 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Continue beating as you add the melted chocolate to the mixture.
6. Add the eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat.
7. Beat 2-3 additional minutes, until mixture appears glossy and the volume is slightly reduced.
8. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
9. Garnish with whipped topping.
10. Serve immediately or chill.
1. Before adding the eggs, add one teaspoon peppermint flavoring.
2. After garnishing with whipped topping, sprinkle crushed candy canes over top or service with a small candy cane, peppermint patty or Ande’s mint garnish standing in each piece.
1. Before adding the eggs, add one teaspoon instant coffee granules.
1. Replace the pie crust with a 9×13” pan of cooled brownies.
2. All other steps as shown.
3. Will require additional 4 ounces of whipped topping if you prefer to cover the surface vs. dollop.
Thank you, Marnie! I first found Marnie through www.WomensSpeakers.com. You can hear her live radio broadcasts every Thursday from Minnesota. I’m flying to Iowa for Mark’s 40th high school reunion next month – maybe we can stop in for pie?