Jessica's Aha Quotes:
During this hour with Marnie and guest, Rhonda Stoppe, you'll discover:
During this hour with Marnie and guest, Dave Curtiss you'll discover:
Surprise! I “pinch-hit” preached at my church yesterday with about two hours' notice. While I’ve pinch hit keynotes for years, I've never had just two total hours to get ready. Also, pinch-hit preaching on a Sunday morning was a first for me. I usually speak at women's events.
The pastor texted about two hours before service, feeling too sick to function. We'd recently lost our Associate Pastor and were without a deacon board.
The “Mary/Martha” aspect of this story involves the way my pastor teaches and how I teach. Both are powerful and consistent with Scripture, but they’re about as opposite as possible.
Instinctively I knew with confidence I needed to prepare a message using my method vs. his.
The result of this radical, surprise switch-up in teaching methods worked beautifully.
Believe! If God calls you to it, He will equip you to do it. We are created to be His flow-through-vessels. I call times like this a "data dump." I just listen and follow through.
What if I'd wasted time trying to figure out if I was supposed to it like Doug? What if I'd invested energy worrying how the congregation would respond to such a radical derivation from the normal teaching style? What if I'd gotten up apologetically instead of with confidence?
I was totally SURE I was the right person, in the right place, at the right time for God to flow through! And, you, my friend, YOU are who you are by God's design. Rejoice in it and share your awesomeness with the world!
*My PPT Master includes ALL the slides I've ever used in presentations. It's a huge file, but allows me to grab images for stories, strategies and statistics in a flash. Do you have one? If not, what do you use?
www.Marnie.com / My Facebook Page / www.WomenSpeakers.com
Top 10 Tips for Marketers on a Mission with Patricia Durgin
Listen now at:
- The Surprising Way to Create the Career of Your Dreams
- Aim for Your Audience’s “Center Ring”
- How Even a Basic Marketing System Works for You 24/7
- Your Very First Marketing Strategy Should Be...
- What’s a “Lead Magnet” and How Many Do You Need?
- A 5-Step Facebook Live Action Plan
- Master Social Media Content Forever!
- How to Serve More Than One Audience Segment in a Single Blog
- Answer These 6 Questions Before Creating Your Online Course
- The Single Most Important Marketing Element (That Few Christian Writers and Speakers Use!)
2. TIME on TASK.
3. Grow up in Christ, mature in your walk, and live a life worthy of the calling.
4. I know that I know.
Deb Copeland lives to give. An author, world class entrepreneur, former Fortune 500 executive, adoptive parent, philanthropist, ministry leader, wife, mother, and lover of souls, Deb has spoken to multitudes from coast to coast. With clarity and authenticity, she shares how Jesus Christ has sustained her through her darkest, most difficult times, and how you, too, can experience His grace. Learn more at www.DebSpeaks.com
- The best way to heal a broken heart is to give God all the pieces.
- You are not too broken, your past does not define you, and you can be whole again.
- Become a Prisoner of Hope.
- See yourself as an overcomer in Christ’s steadfast love.
- Nothing can separate you from the Lord’s love for you.
- Be willing to surrender embedded memories of shame, guilt, and condemnation to God.
- Brokenness is a reality for all of us.
- God commands us to forgive, but it requires a conscious choice to do so.
Maureen Hager is an author, inspirational speaker, and blogger. Her book, Love’s Bullet, chronicles her journey from a wounded victim in a biker gang war to a transformed life by God’s love. Learn more at www.MaureenHager.com.