Layered Pumpkin Dessert
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 24 graham crackers, crushed
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
* 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
* 3 eggs, separated
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 pint whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in graham cracker crumbs. Pat the mixture into baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and cream cheese. Pour the mixture over crust.
4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
5. In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in water.
6. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the pumpkin, eggs, milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Reserve the egg whites. Stirring constantly, cook until thick, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin. Allow the mixture to cool for approximately 20 minutes.
7. In a small bowl, beat the 3 egg whites until stiff. Gently fold the egg whites into the cooled pumpkin mixture. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Top with whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate approximately 2 hours.
Sausage Apple Stuffing
* 12 oz. bag stuffing cubes
* 2 eggs, slightly beaten
* 4 medium onions (1-1/2 cups diced)
* 6 stalks celery (3 cups diced)
* 16 oz. sausage, fried and drained
* 8 oz. can cranberry sauce, beaten thin
* 1-2 cups apple juice
Mix first six ingredients. Add apple juice a little at a time, stirring until damp but not mushy.
Options: 1) Stuff 18-20 pound turkey and cook, 2) Put in a covered dish and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F, or 3) put all into well-greased, large crockpot for 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
Marnie Swebberg is the online mentor to thousands of leaders worldwide. She trains: B.U.S.Y. – Best Unique Strategies for You. Learn how to maximize your life at www.Marnie.com.