Public speaking is more than standing on a stage, giving a speech. Here are 5 Ws to work through before you begin your speaking ministry.
1. Who? Identify the three most important “Who’s.” Who will support your desire to speak? Who will be able to book you (what types of groups)? Who do you know personally who might be able to book you now?
2. Which topics? What talks are done and ready to give? What topics are in the works? What ideas do you have for presentations in the future? How long does it take to create a specialized topic for a group, and is that something you’re going to offer?
3. Why me? Here you develop you USP (Unique Selling Proposition) including your personal life experiences, education and training, gifts and talents, presentation style and more.
4. What’s needed? Think through every aspect of a speaking ministry: What will be needed at home in order for you to go? Financially? Time for preparation, communication with the planners and teams, the actual event plus travel? All these things require pre-thought and commitment.
5. Where do you want to go? Be specific. Are you willing to go to remote villages in the bush of Africa or do prefer staying within 90 miles of home? List any locations where you already know you’d like to speak.
Excerpted from “Speaker Booking Boot Camp,” available now at http://bit.ly/2awSw1F