1. Today I have time to do everything I need to do today.
2. The greatest privilege I have in this life is to be exactly who I am.
3. The messes in life are my best teachers. I don't like them, but I need them.
4. No one else can define my success. I get to choose my own definition
5. I'd rather be disliked for who I am than to be admired for who I'm not.
6. I am passionately involved in the process; I am emotionally detached from the result.
7. My role is not to solve others' problems. My role is to care about them while they
solve their problems.
8. I need the empty spaces in life to learn to accept fullness in life.
9. It takes so little to help others know we care.
10. Loving God, show me the truth about myself, no matter how wonderful it may be.
Veteran author Cecil (Cec) Murphey has written or co-written more than 135 books, including the New York Times bestseller 90 Minutes in Heaven (with Don Piper) and Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story (with Dr. Ben Carson). His books have sold in the millions and have brought hope and encouragement to countless people around the world.
Cec stays busy as a professional writer and travels extensively to speak on topics such as writing, spiritual growth, caregiving, significant living, sexual abuse, and recovery.
Prior to launching his career as a full-time writer and speaker, Cec served as pastor in Metro Atlanta, as a volunteer hospital chaplain for ten years, and was a missionary in Kenya for six. Learn more at https://www.cecilmurphey.com