As a speaker and female filmmaker who’s been a part of the movie industry for over a decade, Sharon Wilharm views life from a filmmaker’s perspective. She loves entertaining, inspiring, and encouraging women with her stories of Reels and Heels. Learn more at www.sharonwilharm.com.
During this hour with Marnie and Jenny Hander you’ll discover:
During this hour with Marnie and Victoria Showunmi, you'll discover:
During this hour with Marnie and guest, Michele Medlock Adams, you'll discover:
During this hour with Marnie and Ammie Bouwman you’ll discover:
During this hour with Marnie and RJ Jackson, you’ll discover:
forgiven & restored
- Real truth with real power brings out real change.
- Even when facts say one thing; your faith may need to say something else.
- Let it go for your sake! Forgive!
- In your proclivities, keep doing God.
- You cannot think negative & speak positive at the same time.
- There is another way to live, keep going back to love.
2. Adversity shows you who you really are or what you can become.
3. QUIT is not in my DNA and it's not in yours either!
4. God made us a four-part person mind, body, emotion, and spirit. All four must be in balance to achieve optimal health.
5. For every challenge there is an opportunity for growth.
6. Be Inspired by people and how they deal with hardships.
7. Things that happen to you don’t have to tear you down. Instead, use them to rise up and let them make you stronger and better.
8. Turn your obstacles into opportunities. We all encounter adversity in life, it’s up to you to choose to let them make you better or bitter. Choose to let God use you and the adversities you’ve been through to help others overcome.
9. Turn your obstacles into opportunities
10. My Journey made me who I am today, I wouldn’t change a thing!
Elizabeth’s testimony of raising above adversity to live the life you choose is truly inspirational. She is a Professional Speaker, International Bestselling Author, Naturopath, Christian Life Coach, and expert at overcoming trauma, because she has not only survived, but thrived despite childhood abuse, chronic illness, and being disabled and bedridden for twelve years by an auto accident. She has overcome all of this through her strong Christian faith and by implementing natural healing techniques. Learn more at
I grabbed my phone to "correct" the error, but was prompted to just listen... as if, Someone had done it for my benefit.
Sure enough, after listening for a few moments, I heard something that shocked me. I had been mistaken, or forgotten, that God DID tell Noah to go into the ark in this order: 1) him, 2) his sons, 3) his wife, 4) his son's wives. (Gen 7:7 & 13)
God told him to go in in this order, and that's what Noah did.
Except, I'd been thinking God had told Noah's wife to go in right after him, before his sons.
I'd been SO sure about this, that I hopped OFF the elliptical and starting searching for where I'd read that--because, it's important!
I found it in Genesis 8:16. It was AFTER the flood!
In Gen 7, before the flood, in a broken world, God told Noah to take them in the old, broken way. But in Gen 8, after the flood, God told Noah to bring them out in the new, restored way.
Noah was so faithful before and during the flood, but he really struggled after the flood.
We're all familiar with the story of his drunken shame, but it started earlier than that, when he failed to follow God's instructions re: the order of getting off the boat.
In Genesis 8:16, God said, "Come out of the ark, you and your wife and your sons and their wives." But in verse 18, it says, "So Noah came out, together with his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives."
This morning, God thought it was a priority to "miraculously" grab my attention and clear that up for me while I ran on the elliptical! May I leave you with 4 points to ponder?
- God is quite able to "change the channel" of our thoughts, without our help, anytime.
- God loves women as much as men! Have faith in God!
- God is into details. It did matter what order they got on and off the boat.
- God is always moving us from faith to faith, even when the way He does it freaks us out! Noah was totally freaked out after the flood. No wonder, right?! The ENTIRE world was flooded once he finished building that boat! BUT GOD... God intended it for good--for Noah, his family, and the world.